FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Penn Treaty SSD Announces Grants And Sponsorships Of Over $70,000
To Be Awarded At December Annual Meeting Along With Elections
PHILADELPHIA – DECEMBER 2019– Penn Treaty Special Services District will hold its Annual meeting on December 18, 2019, concurrent with the December Board meeting. At the Annual Meeting the Board will elect members for three open seats. The Board will also elect officers for 2020 and adopt the 2020 budget.
Penn Treaty Special Services District is proud to announce the following Grants and Sponsorships approved at the Wednesday, November 20, 2019 meeting:
- Friends of Orianna Hill Park — $52,065 for capital repairs & upgrades to include grading, wall repair, and a gate on 3rdStreet to allow better management of woodchips.
- Northern Liberties Neighbors Association — $3,500 to support Operation Santa, a 30 year old program supplying Holiday Meals, Gifts, and Good Cheer for over 40 households in need.
- Friends of Palmer Park / NKCDC — $2,050 to support the costs of the fabrication and installation of a planter in Palmer Park.
- Fishtown Neighbors Association — $3,500 to support seasonal plantings and maintenance of Fishtown’s Pedestrian Planters as well asoutreach for local support for the program.
- 26thPADAC / ORCA — $3,500 to support the costs of distribution of Thanksgiving Meals to District residents in need.
- 26thPADAC / ORCA — $3,500 to support the costsof their annual Christmas Party to District residents in need.
- Greensgrow — $2,100 to support their annual Holiday Craft Bazaar bringing together community in celebration of the holiday season with entertainment, free hot chocolate and cookies, along with local food and craft vendors.
- Philadelphia Argentine Tango School / Fractured Atlas — $3,000 to support the costs of the 2019/2020 Fishtown Salon music events.
About Penn Treaty Special Services District
The Penn Treaty SSD, incorporated in 2009, is a 501(c)(3) community-based organization that works to enhance the quality of life for residents of the immediate neighborhoods surrounding SugarHouse Casino—including Fishtown, South Kensington, Old Richmond and Northern Liberties. Funding is provided by SugarHouse Casino through an annual donation. Allocation of funds is determined exclusively by the Penn Treaty SSD Board through a grant request form and a review process. For more information on the Penn Treaty Special Services District, or to apply for a grant, visit www.penntreatyssd.com Contact: Katrina Mansfield, Secretary (215-574-9274) or email@example.com
About the Friends of Orianna Hill Park
Orianna Hill Park is the result of efforts by many residents, past and present; dog owners; gardeners; and simply good neighbors who work to make our neighborhood better. While other dog parks exist in Philadelphia, Orianna Hill Park remains the ONLY truly legal dog run (where members own the land on which their dogs play) in the city. It is also the ONLY dog run protected – by our bylaws – from sale, development, or other loss of the land or its use. As a user of Orianna Hill Park, you are part of a unique asset to the City of Philadelphia. Enjoy!!! Contact Lane Kelman at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Northern Liberties Neighbors Association (NLNA)
The NLNA represents approximately 6,500 neighborhood residents and more than 150 local businesses. Our mission is to provide services and programs beneficial to everyone residing and doing business in the neighborhood, encourage and promote the preservation and beautification of our public spaces, and plan and monitor the growth and development of our neighborhood to the benefit of the community. Contact: Donald Phillips at email@example.com
About Friends of Palmer Park
We are a group of neighborhood residents who are dedicated to maintaining this small community green space. We got together about 1987 to work on beautification projects in Fishtown and have since concentrated exclusively on Palmer Park. In 2008, we were recognized by Fairmont Park as the official Friends group. Contact Carol Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Fishtown Neighbors Association (FNA)
Fishtown is a vibrant Philadelphia community with a rich history, a culture all its own, and plenty of creativity. The Fishtown Neighbors Association is proud to welcome you. We’re a nonprofit, volunteer-run civic association dedicated to making Fishtown the best neighborhood it can be. Contact: Joseph Kain at email@example.com
About 26th Police District Advisory Council (26th PDAC)
Located at E. Girard Ave and Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125 and led by Captain Krista Dahl-Campbell. For more information about the Light Bulb Project contact Sgt. John Massi at John.Massi@phila.gov
Greensgrow engages our neighborhoods in cultivating social entrepreneurship, urban agriculture, and community greening. Greensgrow is a nonprofit and nationally recognized leader in urban agriculture. We are dedicated to promoting social entrepreneurship through the reuse of land once deemed useless. In the process we are reconnecting city dwellers with rural food producers and promoting the greening of Philadelphia’s homes and gardens. Together we are building a better, more progressive and sustainable Philadelphia. Contact Meg DeBrito at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Penn Treaty SSD on Facebook.