FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Penn Treaty SSD Announces Grants And Sponsorships Totaling $129,900 To Be Awarded At January 15, 2020 Meeting
PHILADELPHIA – JANUARY 2020– Board Elections were held at the December 15 Annual Meeting. The results were as follows:
Fishtown – Juliette Cook, Northern Liberties – Steve Richman, At Large – Jill Betters
The newly elected officers are as follows:
Chair – Rich Levins, Vice Chair – Steve Richman, Treasurer – Anne McKenna, Secretary – Jill Betters
Penn Treaty Special Services District is proud to announce the following Grants and Sponsorships approved at the December meeting:
- Greensgrow — $95,000 — for the installation of native plant demonstration gardens as well as the infrastructure to propagate, label and sell more native plants, vegetable starts and indoor plant varieties that are grown onsite in Kensington. Altogether, these efforts will reduce the carbon footprint of these plants and reduce cost of goods sold, making the organization more financially sustainable and keeping products affordable to the nearby community.
- Kensington Soccer Club — $25,000 — to support league fees and coaching cost for after school program at Kearny, Moffett, and Hackett schools while expanding the use of Cione Field and Towey Playground. This year, KSC hopes to partner with Adaire School, and to get after school programs at Ludlow, Penn Treaty and Richmond Elementary Schools.
- InLiquid — $3,500 — in support of their Silent Auction Fundraiser on Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2020 at their home in the Crane Arts Building.
- Pig Iron Theatre — $3,500 — in support of their Annual Cabaret Benefit on Jan 24 at Union Transfer.
- NLNA — $2,900 – to support their 2020 Tree Cycling event at Liberty Lands from Jan 1 to Jan 14.
About Penn Treaty Special Services District
The Penn Treaty SSD, incorporated in 2009, is a 501(c)(3) community-based organization that works to enhance the quality of life for residents of the immediate neighborhoods surrounding SugarHouse Casino—including Fishtown, South Kensington, Old Richmond and Northern Liberties. Funding is provided by SugarHouse Casino through an annual donation. Allocation of funds is determined exclusively by the Penn Treaty SSD Board through a grant request form and a review process. For more information on the Penn Treaty Special Services District, or to apply for a grant, visit www.penntreatyssd.com Contact: Katrina Mansfield, Secretary (215-574-9274) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Greensgrow engages our neighborhoods in cultivating social entrepreneurship, urban agriculture, and community greening. Greensgrow is a nonprofit and nationally recognized leader in urban agriculture. We are dedicated to promoting social entrepreneurship through the reuse of land once deemed useless. In the process we are reconnecting city dwellers with rural food producers and promoting the greening of Philadelphia’s homes and gardens. Together we are building a better, more progressive and sustainable Philadelphia. Contact Meg DeBrito at email@example.com
About Kensington Soccer Club
Philadelphia Community Empowerment Through Soccer / Kensington Soccer Club
works with youth and families to organize positive, healthy, and fun youth soccer activities while building self-esteem, social skills, and community. Our soccer activities are available to all, regardless of income or skill level. We give youth a positive place to play and grow. Our motto is “Community Advancement Through Soccer.” Contact Dan Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Northern Liberties Neighbors Association (NLNA)
The NLNA represents approximately 6,500 neighborhood residents and more than 150 local businesses. Our mission is to provide services and programs beneficial to everyone residing and doing business in the neighborhood, encourage and promote the preservation and beautification of our public spaces, and plan and monitor the growth and development of our neighborhood to the benefit of the community. Contact: Lara Kelly at email@example.com
InLiquid is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to creating opportunities and exposure for visual artists while serving as a free, online, public hub that showcases Philadelphia’s vast visual arts culture. Through the active promotion of artists’ work and credentials via online accessibility, numerous ongoing exhibition programs distributed throughout the city in galleries and alternative spaces, meaningful partnerships with cultural organizations and corporate clients, unique community-engaged events, and the facilitation of relationships with art collectors, InLiquid delivers the richness of our region’s visual art culture to broader audiences, thus increasing appreciation of all forms of visual culture. Contact: Rachel Zimmerman at Rachel@inliquid.org
About Pig Iron Theatre
The mission of Pig Iron Theatre Company is to expand what is possible in performance by creating rigorous and unusual ensemble-devised works; by training the next generation of daring, innovative theatre artists; and by consistently asking the hardest questions, both in our art and in its relation to the world around us. Contact Maya Choldin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Penn Treaty SSD on Facebook